Peanut butter and SMELLY!
It stinks to spend a day feeling blue even if it is nice to feel like I have an excuse to lay around in bed all day listening to audiobooks and binge watching shows on Netflix (and possibly eating a family size box of Little Debbie Nutty Bars). So, in an effort to not be a total slug I have compiled a small list of remedies to “blue”…
- BREATHE (try to do this continuously as it is a BIG help)
- Watch your dog (or anyone’s dog as long as it is not an attack dog trained to rip out the throats of strangers who watch them). Dogs do some hilarious (and sometimes disgusting) things during the course of any given day.
- Come up with as many random punch lines as you can – some jokes are funniest with just the punch line.
- Think about something other than yourself – there is a lot of world outside your head.
- If you can’t stop thinking of yourself, at least find a way to laugh at yourself. No derisive laughing is allowed. Think of the silly junk you do on a daily basis and marvel that you lived to see another day.
- Try to smile…. I know it’s lame, but it’s hard to feel blue when you smile.
- Get out of bed, even if you don’t want to. Get dressed and do SOMETHING…. take a walk, do the dishes, write a novel – just do something…. you don’t even have to comb your hair….
and sometimes the blue feeling will recede slightly or just go away altogether. If not you can go back to bed.